Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Program
Applications are processed using Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) of the American Association of Dental Schools. The application deadline is December 15th of the preceding year.
Specific application requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must have completed or be in the process of completing a dental degree program at a school accredited by the American or Canadian Dental Association.
- A letters of recommendation, which are part of your PPI in a PASS application, should come from faculty in diverse areas of dentistry such as: restorative (operative), prosthodontics and periodontics. Recommendations should provide information regarding your academic and clinical abilities, as well as personal attributes and extra-curricular activities.
- A passport sized photograph.
- There is no additional application fee if using PASS for this program. The School of Dental Medicine does charge a fee $50 for a self managed application.
- Our Program Code for PASS: 131
If you prefer not to use PASS, please follow the directions for a self managed application found on the School of Dental Medicine's website at http://www.dental.pitt.edu.
Selection of Residents
The Admissions Committee reviews all completed applications. All candidates are thoroughly evaluated and considered. Interviews will be granted after the applicant's credentials have been reviewed. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified in writing. Interviews will be granted from October to December.
Stipend / Benefits / Fees
A stipend of $40,000 per year is paid in twelve monthly installments. No tuition is charged, but there is a University of Pittsburgh student activity fee. The applicant must have completed or be in the process of completing a dental degree program at a school accredited by the American or Canadian Dental Association prior to beginning the AEGD residency program on July 1st.
Residents are eligible for health insurance through the University's Plan for "Graduate Students with Eligible Academic Appointments". Specific coverage and details of the program can be requested from the program and/or reviewed during the interview visit.