Dr. Almarza is an assistant professor in oral biology in the School of Dental Medicine with a secondary appointment in the Department of Bioengineering and the University of Pittsburgh McGowan Institute of Regenerative Medicine.
His research interests are:
- Temporomandibular Joint Cartilage and Bone Regeneration and Biomechanics
- Development of Novel Bioreactors to Further Enhance Healing and Modeling Responses
- Identifying Appropriate Polymeric Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Approaches for Tri-layer Interface Tissue
- Arthritis from Altered Loading
- Quantitative Assessment of Joint Movement and Kinematics.