Frequently Asked Questions: 10

How does a dental assistant meet state requirements to perform dental radiological procedures?

Dental assistants in Pennsylvania are now required to pass the Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam. The application for the exam can be obtained through the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB).

Information regarding this process can be found at or 1-800-367-3262. The test is administered by Pearson Vue Testing Service (1-800-525-2586) within 60 days of the approval of the application.