Contact: Titus Schleyer, DMD, PhD: email@example.com For immediate release (11/12/2008)
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in HCI/CSCW
The Center for Dental Informatics at the University of Pittsburgh is currently recruiting for a postdoctoral position to help support its growing research initiatives in the following area(s):
- human-computer interaction (HCI)
- user-centered design/rapid prototyping
- cognitive science
- computer-supported collaborative work (CSCW)
- computer-mediated communication
- biomedical informatics
Guaranteed funding for two years will help you launch your career as an independent researcher. You will be able to dedicate 100% of your time to research, mentored by one or more faculty member(s). Your faculty mentor will assist you in performing research, writing publications and applying for independent funding.
Requirements: Post-graduate degree (DMD/DDS, MD or PhD) and training in HCI, informatics, CSCW, computer science or a related discipline. Ability to independently perform research in one of the above areas with mentoring from a faculty member. Ability to write and publish journal articles.
To apply, send the following to Titus Schleyer (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page description of your research interests
- Contact information for three references
- One writing sample—preferably a published or accepted paper
More information about the Center and its research projects: http://www.dental.pitt.edu/informatics/research.php.