Student Research Group
The University of Pittsburgh Student Research Group (SRG) is a student-run organization whose main purpose is to foster an environment in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine whereby students interested in enriching their dental education through a research experience are encouraged to do so. The SRG is affiliated with the National Student Research Group, one of 20 scientific groups that comprise the International and American Associations for Dental Research. The mission of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Student Research Group is to:
1. Increase awareness of the Student Research Group activities;
2. Generate new knowledge and solutions to oral and health related problems through scientific investigation and research;
3. Involve more students in research at the University of Pittsburgh;
4. Foster an ongoing relationship between faculty and students;
5. Provide continuing educational opportunities for student research interests.
Meetings are scheduled throughout the school year to report on local and national activities of the Student Research Group. Faculty interested in sponsoring students are invited to discuss their research activities. Elections occur once a year for the officers elect and officers active.
Watch student testimonials about the research opportunities at the SDM
President of the Student Research Group
Chijioke Eseonu, email@example.com
Director of Student Research
Dr. Alexandre Vieira, firstname.lastname@example.org