Eligibility is based on your intended major and high school academic record. You will be automatically reviewed for these programs. A separate application is not necessary. Additional Guaranteed Admit Program (GAP) requirements are listed here below.
- Indicate Pre-Dentistry on admissions application.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school class with 1470 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 33 ACT (Math and English subscores average), or better.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.75 with a Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics (BCPM) GPA of 3.65 as an undergraduate.
- Complete the undergraduate degree within four years.
- Continue to gain dental related experiences during their undergraduate years.
- Seek research opportunities in a related field.
- Participate in community service.
- Attend mandatory yearly scheduled meetings with the Dental Office of Student Affairs to review progress related to activities, research, community service and satisfactory academic progress.
Successfully complete the pre-requisite courses for admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine.
- Obtain a favorable interview result with the Dental School Admissions Committee at the beginning of the junior undergrad year and provide the Dental Office of Admissions with a CV, official transcript, and letter of recommendation from a University of Pittsburgh science faculty member at the completion of the junior year, meeting all deadlines established for students.
Pitt Freshmen Guarantees are competitive, so we highly recommend you apply for admission early in your senior year of high school.
Learn more about all of the Guaranteed Admissions Programs at Pitt.