Dr. David Hay is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Periodontics and Preventive Dentistry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. He did his periodontics residency at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine and earned his DMD at Temple University, where he graduated summa cum laude. While in the Pitt periodontics residency, Dr. Hay also earned a Master's of Public Health degree from the University, under the mentorship of periodontics professor Dr. Pouran Famili. The thesis he completed for the MPH program was awarded the Best Research Thesis Award from Pitt's Multidisciplinary Master of Public Health program. Other recognition Dr. Hay has received include Temple University's Kravitt Award for Outstanding Student in Clinical Dentistry and the Academy of Osseointegration Award for Outstanding Student in Implant Dentistry.
- Bagramian Scholarship 2011-2013
- William Goldman Foundation Scholarship 2011-2012
- Kornberg School of Dentistry Incentive Scholarship 2009-2013
- Temple University Dean's List Scholar 2009-2013
- Academy of Osseointegration Award for Outstanding Senior in Implant Dentistry
- Martin N. Kravitt Award for Outstanding Senior in Clinical Dentistry