Dr. Edward P. Heinrichs is a part-time clinical professor in the Department of Periodontics and Preventive Dentistry at the School of Dental Medicine. He received his BA degree from St. Vincent College and his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry from the University of Pittsburgh in 1972. Dr. Heinrichs earned a Certificate in Anesthesia from the University Health Center of Pittsburgh in 1973 and a Certificate in Periodontics from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in 1983.
Dr. Heinrichs is an active member of the following organizations: the American Dental Association, the Pennsylvania Dental Association, the Dental Society of Western Pennsylvania, the American Dental Association of Anesthesiology (diplomate status), the Westmoreland County Dental Society (member and past president), the American Academy of Periodontology, the Pittsburgh Academy of Periodontology, and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (diplomate status).
- 2012 Faculty Appreciation Award
- 2009 OKU Honorary Dental Fraternity
- 2009 Class of 2011 Faculty Appreciation Award
- 2007 American Academy of Periodontology Outstanding Mentoring Award
- 1998 Outstanding Alumnus Award - Saint Vincent College Latrobe, PA