Brand new location in a busy dental group has an immediate opening for an experienced Dental Hygienist.
You must have a current state license and ability to anesthetize.
With a stellar reputation in the dental community, we pride ourselves on our customer service acumen as well as our office dynamic that allows everyone to work together for the main focus: our wonderful growing patient base.
Being able to assist at times is also a big plus.
Dental Hygienist Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute a co-therapeutic approach to dentistry, allowing open discussion with the patient and doctor.
- Gather patient information and health background
- Take x-rays when necessary
- Prepare the work area for procedures
- Clean and polish patients’ teeth and gums
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Update patient records
- Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
- Restock treatment areas
- Scheduling follow-up care
- Utilizing possible downtime for front desk tasks
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in dental hygiene from an accredited program
- Current state license and x-ray certification
- Ability to anesthetize.
- Excellent understanding of dental hygiene procedures
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Open Dental (Not Required, but a plus)