As a mission-based practice looking to raise and expand the practice of oral healthcare in under-served communities, the Pediatric Dentist will work in a team setting with other dental providers and center staff to ensure efficient, quality, and timely care. S/he provides direct dental care to patients including clinical diagnosis, evaluation, studies and treatment services and education. We have openings in our Southwest location (19153), our West Philadelphia location (19139) and our Northeast Office (19154).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Renders restorative and preventive dental treatment to children;
• Provides support to other dentists and staff;
• Participates in sharing specialized knowledge regarding clinical techniques and materials;
• Examines and treats teeth and gums for all infections and diseases, prepares charts of mouth and teeth; X-rays and diagnoses diseases and lesions; prepares cavities and fills them; extracts teeth and roots; administers local anesthesia and conscious sedation; and prepares, fits adjusts and finishes appliances, crowns.
• Performs simple diagnostic tests on site including radiology and laboratory tests, as needed
• Prescribes medications;
• Participates in quality assurance programs and follows quality assurance measures;
• Records organized legible entries in patient records and in referrals or correspondence;
• Attends meetings, in-service and any other event as assigned by Clinical Director;
• Develops a comprehensive treatment plan with public health emphasis and attention to overall health status;
• Adheres to and supports Center policies, programs and activities;
Qualifications and Skills Graduated from an accredited School of Dental Medicine. Possession of a current active license from Pennsylvania.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent decision making, interpersonal, and teaching skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time