Dr. Claire Gabe earned her BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees at the University of Lyon (FR) and the University of Leeds (UK) respectively. Dr. Gabe joined the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in February of 2021. She serves as a postdoctoral associate in Dr. Elia Beniash’s laboratory working on biomineralization research.
Research interests of Dr. Gabe focus on the role of proteins in enamel formation, structural and mechanical properties.
- Brookes, S.J., Gabe, C.M. (2019) Purification of Developing Enamel Matrix Proteins Using Preparative SDS-PAGE. In Odontogenesis(pp. 251-265). Humana Press, New York, NY.
- Gabe, C.M., Brookes, S.J. and Kirkham, J. (2017) Preparative SDS PAGE as an Alternative to His-Tag Purification of Recombinant Amelogenin. Frontiers in Physiology (vol. 8): 424.
The research interests of Dr. Gabe include the following:
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in enamel biomineralization. University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Center for Craniofacial Regeneration. Supervisors: Dr. Elia Beniash and Dr. Henry Margolis. Projects: “The role of phosphorylation of enamel matrix proteins in enamel formation” and “Role of Keratin 75 in enamel”. February 2021-present.
- Research Postdoctoral Associate in enamel protein biochemistry • University of Leeds (UK) Oral Biology department. Supervisor: Prof. Maisoon Al-Jawad. Project: “Studying in vitro the effect of mutation p.Y64H on amelogenin binding behavior”. October 2019 – December 2020.
- Postgraduate PhD Student Researcher. University of Leeds (UK) Oral Biology department. Supervisors: Dr. Steven Brookes, Prof. Jennifer Kirkham. Project: “Production and purification of recombinant amelogenins for investigating proteopathic mechanisms associated with amelogenesis imperfecta”. October 2014 – March 2019.
- Postgraduate MSc Student. University of Bergen (Norway) Biomedicine Department. Supervisor: Prof. Lars Herfindal. Project: “Evaluation of the marine substance iodinin and analogues as anti-acute myeloid leukaemia, with development of nanoparticle formulation”