Periodontics and Preventive Dentistry research focuses on cutting-edge clinical procedures that will ultimately improve patient quality of life. Our researchers represent some of the best dentist-scientists working in the field whom collaborate with investigators across diverse disciplines nationally and internationally.
Faculty in the Periodontics and Preventive Dentistry provide state-of-the-art clinical periodontal and implant therapies, while exploring possibilities for enhanced treatment technologies, procedures and strategies to provide only the best treatment to our patients.
Areas our researchers focus on include:
- Bone and dentin tissue engineering
- Bone tissue regeneration through novel resorbable scaffold
- Polymer magnesium periodontal membranes
- Resorbable metal fixation devices
- Polymer/magnesium composite scaffold to enhance bone regeneration
- Biodegradable materials
- Load-bearing bone fixation devices
- Pulp tissue regeneration
- Using biomaterials to improve endodontic therapies
- Pre-clinical testing devices for FDA approval
Please see our newsletter for updates on our ongoing periodontics and preventive dentistry research projects.