The Pitt Dental Medicine Dental Assistant Apprenticeship can be the foundation for future career growth.
Start Your Career as a Dental Assistant
With this unique apprentice opportunity, the following benefits are included
- Monday–Friday, full-time working hours
- Incremental wage increases as apprentices progress through the program
- Computer and online learning resources
- Clinical site placement and the potential for one year of guaranteed employment after successful completion of the apprenticeship program
- National Entry Level Dental Assisting Board certification costs will be provided during enrollment in the program.
Opportunities to Advance
NELDA-certified dental assistants also can continue to pursue advanced career tracks such as a Certified Dental Assistant, Expanded Function Dental Assistant, practice management, dental hygiene, or various levels of more advanced dental medicine practice.
Apprentices in the program will be sponsored to take three required exams administered by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This will qualify apprentices to apply for National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA) certification.