The Office of Dental Public Health and Community Outreach seeks out and oversees educational, community-based and service-learning activities on behalf of the School of Dental Medicine. Under the direction of Associate Dean, Dr. Robert Weyant, these activities include:
- The concurrent degree program with the Graduate School of Public Health, which offers select students the opportunity to jointly pursue MPH and DMD degrees.
- The certificate program in Dental Public Health
- Student Community Outreach Program and Education (SCOPE) which includes:
• The community-based service learning activities for first-year and second year students, SCOPE 1.
• The community-based clinical care program for fourth-year students, SCOPE 2.
- Represents the School on the University’s Community Engagement Centers Internal Advisory Council.
- Manages International affiliations such as the Lancet Commission on Global Oral Health.