Early admission will be considered for Guaranteed Admissions Program applicants who have:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.85 (both science and non-science)
- A minimum score of 23 on the DAT (academic average)
- All pre-requisites complete prior to matriculation and the majority should be complete prior to application
Applicants who wish to be considered for early admission are required to write a letter of intent that is no more than one, single-spaced page. The letter of intent should be sent via e-mail to the Office of Student Affairs.
Guaranteed Admissions 8-Year Program
Eligibility is based on your intended major and high school academic record. You will be automatically reviewed for these programs. A separate application is not necessary. Additional Guaranteed Admit Program (GAP) requirements are listed here below.
- Indicate Pre-Dentistry on admissions application.
- Rank in the top 10 percent of high school class with 1470 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 33 ACT (Math and English subscores average), or better.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.75 with a Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics (BCPM) GPA of 3.65 as an undergraduate.
- Enroll as a freshman at the Pittsburgh campus and complete an undergraduate degree as a full-time student within four years.
- Continue to gain dental related experiences during their undergraduate years.
- Seek research opportunities in a related field.
- Participate in community service.
- Attend mandatory yearly scheduled meetings with the Pitt Dental Medicine Admissions office to review progress related to activities, research, community service and satisfactory academic progress.
Successfully complete the pre-requisite courses for admission to Pitt Dental Medicine.
- Obtain a favorable interview result with the Pitt Dental Medicine Admissions Committee at the beginning of the junior undergrad year and provide the Dental Office of Admissions with a CV, official transcript, and letter of recommendation from a University of Pittsburgh science faculty member at the completion of the junior year, meeting all deadlines established for students.
Pitt Freshmen Guarantees are competitive, so we highly recommend you apply for admission early in your senior year of high school.